It's been quite a while since my last post. In between, I lost all desire and motivation to post anything. Maybe it was a blogger's block, if it can be termed so. Our autumn break of about half a month just got over. Damn, back to classes again from tomorrow! I visited Jammu, Vaisno devi, Amritsar, Wagah Border and Himachal during most part of the holidays. Anyway, that is not what i want to share with you. After i returned to Delhi, out of the blue, we (i.e. me and three other friends) all decided to visit Dehradun. While we were on our way there by train, I witnessed the sunset which was so beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes off it until I could see it no more. All of a sudden I was filled with an intense urge to write. Writing on a fast moving train is no easy task, but I thought that I would choke if I did not do so. Luckily, I found a pen and a torn sheet of paper in my bag and began to write, oblivious to the rest of the world (except during the times my friends interrupted, to fool around a little). The twilight outside gave me perfect setting to compose my new piece of work. When I finished, I realized that it was my only work with which I was satisfied, after completion, in countless months. It is this work of mine that I want to share with you all here. I must warn you that my friends (who are my loyal readers) have confessed that it is my only work that they have failed to understand in anyway. So if any of you all do think that you have understood anything, then please let me know. Background over. Move on to the main text now....
THE MESSIAH'S TRAIN
I heard that he was on his death-bed. In our town, we never give a person his due until he is taking his final few breaths. The entire world that I inhabit, acknowledged that he was a messiah, a prophet. Some even were audacious enough to proclaim him to be God. We were still alive in this treacherous world because of him. Yet no one gave him any importance or showed him any respect. He had many years to live, they used to say. And I am too much of a traditional youth to think of doing otherwise.
I was one of the few who came to know that he was approaching his end - the end of the journey, as the man himself used to say. I knew that it was time to pay his due and rushed with excitement to his house. His room as usual was without a roof. Strangely enough, rain drops never fell inside. This established him in our eyes as the Messiah, the Lord of the Skies. He was standing in the center of the room, and ten or twelve people surrounded him from all sides. He still had the halo of light around his head. However, it was not the dazzling white light that we knew of. It was orange in colour. He no longer seemed powerful and strong. I was reminded of the glory of the setting sun. He seemed even more holy - divine, in this condition.
It was at this moment that he gave his final sermon - the only one that anyone listened to seriously. For the first time i stood there till the end. Others were clapping in appreciation. But I was too dumb to understand, or so I thought. He was explaining the art of ruling the skies. Otherwise, there was pin-drop silence. I just stood staring at the halo which kept getting dimmer. It had now become more red than orange. How amazing can it be to imprison the Sun and see it wither away.
The speech ended and the halo disappeared along with the man whom it protected. I was one of those privileged ones to be present there. Everyone was clapping and cheering. Even my sense of awe couldn't stop me from joining in. He had even taken his clothes along with him, poor man. Everyone began looking at their watches, trying to calculate how long it would be before the great one was reborn amongst them once more. We are sure we will recognize him once he returns, from his clothes.
THE END
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The River Flows
(These are musings from my room, while I sat at my desk and looked through the balcony towards the Ganga, its waters expanding everyday, and...
-
Just a couple of days back, Delhi received a hell lot of rainfall. I'm sure most of u know all about it. It was there for all to see. Ev...
-
It was the last period going on in college today. Our beloved teacher, Mr Manish Sharma was going hammer and tongs on the subject of conscio...
why the slack in blogging??
ReplyDelete