Monday, July 13, 2009

La Revista: 19th May ’09, 1.40pm, Leh

Determined to have breakfast at the hotel, we woke up a little early (or rather, earlier than usual). Booked two seats in a Scorpio that will take us to Srinagar. It is supposed to pick us up from the hotel at five this evening.
Having finished these necessary activities, we went down to the main market to buy a thing or two for some friends. Much as I would love to return empty handed, I am afraid of getting murdered if I do so. Kenny left early this morning when we were sleeping. We had already said our “goodbyes” last night. Got Wolf’s email address. Even though we have known him only for a few days, we have become good friends with him. Our ways part this evening – that’s life, isn’t it? It reminds me of the time I parted from all my friends from school a couple of years back.
I realised that during this trip, I had been subconsciously looking for something I have no idea about. I can’t say I have found it, nor can I say otherwise. I travelled this far, searching for mystery. Now I return back with an empty head, a great experience, some breathtaking photographs and a couple of hilarious videos of Palzer dancing to the tunes of a guitar (played by Wolf).

2 comments:

  1. Interesting reading shubho! Your obsession with food comes across very clearly. Just kidding! I want to go and visit leh too now. Keep up the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, who would not like to eat good food!
    anyway, thank you for ur encouragement. hope college life gives me ample opportunities to keep posting interesting stuffs this year.

    ReplyDelete

The River Flows

(These are musings from my room, while I sat at my desk and looked through the balcony towards the Ganga, its waters expanding everyday, and...