The silhouette of the trees against the backdrop of a sky covered with clouds which reflected the moon’s beautiful “Happydent” smile. The artist in me awoke and I saw things in new light. Within moments the same nature which was no better than the most tormenting hell was transformed into a relative paradise – something I never felt in Delhi. How a little extremity can push us to the hilt! Once more I wished that I had been a painter instead of a poet (if you permit me to call myself one).
I began to search for the Divine in those surroundings. If He does exist (and I’m sure he does), he had to be there somewhere in the magic created by the cool breeze that came just in time for the party of Nature going on…. Nothing mattered. Joys, sorrows, pleasures, grieves – all seemed to have taken leave of me. They too must have been admiring the loveliness that was possible only because of the scorching heat that preceded the rains.

Now, dear folks, do I get a little philosophical? Some people make it seem that being philosophical is a crime of an abominable nature. To them, I say that if you prove it to be so, then God perhaps has committed a fault caught by great people like your holiness. If looking at the truth of existence from different angles and observing them in the various colours that they exist in, is a crime then hang me. I would rather enjoy the beauty of all colours – they intensity of darkness, the joy of light, the gloom of grey… rather than stand under the street lights even during the day.
i was wid him...blogger has an attractive expressive qualities...such moments n pleasant weather makes creative minds philosophical...indeed,nature is d greatest thing to watch n admire,n in being one wid it, feeling drops and breezes are d delights wich a person of free will n emotions can enjoy...not for all...so,its injurious to d persons nt having such blessings....dnt try dis at home..chheers for today's rains..
ReplyDeleteThe earth was crying out for rain these last few weeks. I suggest you try and write a poem on rain/raindrops hitting the parched earth...
ReplyDeleteDelhi is currently under a real threat of an imminent flood. Let's hope the Rain-god relents a bit now and help the poor living in lower areas of the capital.
ReplyDelete